CCV Shop has an advanced search system that you can customize to suit your needs. You can create pull-down menus with, for instance, brands or categories but you can also compile your own pull-down menus. All settings for this are available via ''Starting point > My Webshop > Settings > Search management''.
This feature offers the following customizable options:
- Search settings
Here, you can select the search options available for the search screen.
- Defined pull-down menus
This lists any pull-down menus you defined yourself that will be shown in advanced search. The order in which menus are listed is the order in which they will be shown. Inactive pull-down menus will be shown in pale grey. How to create pull-down menus is explained below.
- Fast search settings
Here, you can specify the search options available in ‘Fast search’. Any changes you implement will be visible in your webshop right away.
Fast Search Window
To enable the ‘Fast search’ window, you need to select it at ''Starting point > My Webshop > Settings > Lay-out > Webshop themes > Window lay-out’. However, this option is only available for the advanced themes (Kameleon and Enoza).
Compiling pull-down menus
To create your own pull-down menus, follow the steps described below:
- In the maintenance tool, open ‘Product management’ and select a product.
- On the ‘Metadata’ tab, enter keywords in the ‘Keywords’ section As an example, we will use a ‘Winter tire’ with size ‘110’ and brand ‘Dunlop’. The values entered between the quotation marks (“) must be separated by a comma, i.e. “winter tire,110,Dunlop”.
- To add a pull-down menu, go to ''Starting point > My Webshop > Settings > Search management > Defined pull-down menus'', label it ‘Tire type’ and tick the checkbox for ‘Active’.
- Rules will need to added on the ‘Values’ tab. In the example, we will add the following: ‘Summer tire’, ‘Winter tire’, “All-season tire’ and ‘Off-road tire’
- Click ‘Apply’ to save the menu.
- Add 2 more pull-down menus: ‘Tire brand’ with the rules “Dunlop, Michelin and Goodyear” and a pull-down menu labelled ‘Tire size’ with the rules “100, 110, 120, 130”.
- At ‘Starting point > My webshop > Settings > Search management > Search settings’, ‘Self-defined search options’ must be enabled.
If the ‘Fast search window’ is enabled at this point, the user-defined pull-down menus will be shown. All products featuring the chosen rules in the keywords will be shown in the search results for those keywords.