Product marketing is one of the most important concepts to control in trade & sales. Without consistent customers who purchase products and services, no company will survive in today's competitive global market. Nowadays, "product marketing" is a rather broad term that refers to different concepts, approaches and strategies.
Relatively new is the concept of Feed Marketing. The goal of successful Feed Marketing is the presence and findability of products in the right product and price comparison websites (such as Beslist.nl), affiliate networks (such as Daisycon) and sales via other sales channels (such as Amazon). Feed Marketing is also a great strategy for search engine optimization (SEO).
In the original sense the term Feed Marketing refers to the integration of web shops with different product and price comparison websites. This by using specific data files (feeds) containing all relevant product information (description, price, images, stock, etc). A more advanced integration of online stores with sales channels is by using an API on both sides.
A part of Feed Marketing is Affiliate Marketing, which refers to the integration of web shops with affiliate networks. Affiliate marketing is a marketing strategy that connects (mostly) informative websites with online stores. An informative website can for example be a personal blog or website with information about a specific topic. These websites like to advertise products that are relevant to the target group of that specific website. In this way it is possible to advertise a targeted target group and in that way attract additional visitors and customers to your online store. For example, if you sell camping items, travel guides and maps, it is wise to promote your products on a website for travelers and lovers of active holidays. For the informative website, promoting your product is again interesting to generate income.
Feed marketing an effective way to;
- Improve the findability of the webshop and products in search engines.
- Cost-effective name recognition
- Achieve a higher average order value
- Attract new customers
Why use feed marketing?
Today's consumers shop in a variety of online marketplaces. The most important are product and price comparison websites, affiliate networks and sales channels. 40% of the online audience regularly visits these online market places. The online retailers who do not use Feed Marketing therefore miss a large part of their online sales.
Through Feed and Affiliate Marketing there is a significant improvement in organic search results possible, and there is more chance of acquiring new customers.
Cost feed marketing
Let's briefly highlight the principles of spending on paid advertisements (cost per click, CPC) and Feed Marketing. CPC is an internet advertising model that is used to generate more traffic to a webstore, where advertisers pay the website owner when an ad is clicked.
Feed Marketing is a strategy to promote your products in product and price comparison websites, affiliate networks and sales channels, and improve search engine results. In this case, you pay for the effort required to achieve the long-term goals.
In general, we can say that CPC advertising can be a good strategy for fast results in the short term, even though it often entails higher costs.
Complications with feed Marketing
While most retailers are starting to understand the importance of Feed Marketing, it is sometimes a challenge to connect their web stores to the different platforms, because each platform has a specific way of implementation. In addition, you must ensure that the product feeds provide a good ROI and a positive influence on the search engine optimization.
While Feed Marketing offers great opportunities for increasing sales, many small and medium-sized retailers do not have the necessary IT knowledge and resources to oversee the technical complexity and time-consuming activities associated with Feed Marketing. Until recently, only the largest web stores (example: Twinkle 100) had the means to set up a good Feed Marketing strategy and gain a competitive advantage.
Small and medium-sized web stores struggle with the problems and often come up with the following "solutions":
- Do not use Feed Marketing at all.
- Create a product feed once manually, but provide outdated information to the sales channels.
- Hire a developer or agency to have the product feed made, there are often high costs involved, and it's a time-consuming job.
If this is recognizable for you, then you are probably also looking for a good tool to set up an effective Feed Marketing strategy!
Koongo as an effective feed Marketing tool
Koongo is a Feed Marketing tool that can streamline the integration of webshops with 500+ product and price comparison websites, affiliate networks and sales channels in 40 countries.
- Integrate with 500+ Sales channels and Affiliate networks worldwide.
- Automate the generation of product feeds so that they are always up-to-date
- Increase your visibility and turnover by as much as 25%!
- No programming knowledge is required to use Koongo, and you can easily reach hundreds of marketing channels from one integration. That is why Koongo is able to attract millions of potential visitors to your webshop and increase the revenue for stores by as much as 25%! Moreover, Koongo is ideal if you want to sell your products abroad, because Koongo makes it very easy to place your products on online platforms in 40 different countries (cross-border selling).
Top 5 characteristics
- Koongo always provides a product feed that is up-to-date. After a change of product description, price, stock or other attribute, the information is automatically updated on all channels.
- The channels often change the structure and requirements of the product feeds. With Koongo you do not have to worry about this, because Koongo ensures that your product feeds meet these new requirements.
- Koongo makes it possible to categorize your products into certain categories (taxonomies) for optimal indexation and findability within the channel.
- Koongo offers the possibility to filter products for specific channels, so that you can only add certain products (example: based on attribute or category).
- And finally: 24/7 support and extensive online documentation.
Settings CCV Shop
If you want to use the link with Koongo you need to look up the API data in the maintenance tool. You can find this information via: ''Starting point > My Webshop > Settings > General > API settings''.
Click here on the button 'New API Key' to create an API Key. You need to give them a name, for example 'Koongo'. Leave the API Key and API Secret as they are. You do not have to make any changes to the 'WebHook Rights' tab. Then click on 'apply'.
You also need to perform a number of actions in the vicinity of Koongo. Below is a step-by-step plan for what you have to do.
- Register with Koongo. This can be done via the website www.my.koongo.com. Click on 'Sign up'.
- Add your web store by clicking the 'Create a new Store' button. Then you have to click CCV Shop at 'Choose platform'. Then you have to fill in three fields:
1. Your secure domain. You can get this from the maintenance tool of CCV shop via: ''Starting point > My Webshop > Settings > General > Domains.
2. The API Key. You have created this in chapter 2. You can get these from the maintenance tool of CCV Shop via: ''Starting point > My Webshop > Settings > General > API settings''. Copy and paste this.
3. The API Secret. You have created this in chapter 2. You can get these from the maintenance tool of CCV Shop via: ''Starting point > My Webshop > Settings > General > API settings''. Copy and paste this.
Then click on 'Add project'.
3. Then you can determine in which countries you want to be active.
4. Finally, you can decide for yourself on which comparison sites your products are shown. For example on bol.com or beslist.nl. Choose a desired party (channel) and indicate at 'Type' that it concerns the products and choose 'Format' for the correct delivery such as CSV. If you are not sure which format you should choose, please contact Koongo. They know which choice to make here.
5. Your link is now ready and your products are visible on the comparison sites you have chosen.
Article is closed for comments.