It is possible to reset the order, quotation, return and invoice numbers. This means you can start counting by day, week, month, quarter or year from number 1 onwards. For example, would you like to start counting your order numbers again as of every quarter? If you enable this setting then the order numbers are automatically reset per quarter. Note that your order numbers will remain unique, but the leading number will adjust to this setting.
This setting is valid for:
- Order numbers
- Invoice numbers
- Return numbers
- Offer numbers
You can find these settings via: Starting Point > My Webshop > Settings > Order Process and Stock > Workflow. Under the tabs for Orders/Invoices/Returns/Offers you will see the following options:
The option you choose here has consequences for the layout of the number. This formatting is as follows for the different settings:
Annual reset: <previous>-<year>-<order number>
Reset per quarter: <prevision>-<year>-<quarterly indication><quarter number>-<order number>
Monthly reset: <previous>-<year>-<month>-<order number>
Weekly reset: <previous>-<year>-<week indication><week number>-<order number>
Daily reset: <head>-<year>-<month>-<day>-<order number>
In the following video we will show you the full flow of resetting an order, invoice, return and quotation number. Please note, the video is only available in Dutch:
Attention! To increase the quality of the video you can click on full screen in the lower right corner, then on the cogwheel. You can click on it: Quality' this can be adjusted to 1080p HD.
What should you pay attention to?
- Duplicate numbers: If you choose to periodically reset, this means that you will get multiple orders with the same numbers, only the part for this number differs.
- External links: Not every external link can handle letters and punctuation in numbers. A well known link that has problems with this is Sisow, which has a maximum of 16 characters which in combination with leading letters / leading zeros can cause problems.
- With invoice numbers the setting is the same for debit and credit invoices, these cannot be set separately.
- Orders placed before the reset will keep their current number format.
- If you choose a reset, the option "Use current year in order number" is no longer selectable, the format for that period will be used (but it will always contain a year).