The following explains how to link the Google Shopping feed from your webshop.
- Your webshop must be verified before you can use Google Shopping. You can use Google Webmaster tools for this (click here for Google’s explanation about this).
- Copy the feed from your maintenance panel by going to ''Starting point > My Webshop > Comparison websites''. The feed will resemble this string: “http://www.yourdomain.nl/ExportBestanden/Export.php?Type=gshopping”, with yourdomain.nl replacing your particular domain.
- Go to www.google.com/merchants and log in. (When logging in the first time, you will need to select your location, agree to the terms and conditions and enter a few data.)
- Click on ‘Data feeds’.
- Click on ‘+ Data feed’.
- For the ‘Mode’ setting, select either ‘Default’ or ‘Test mode’, depending on whether you want to test or not.
- Leave ‘Feed type’ set to ‘Products’.
- For ‘Target country’, select the target country for this feed.
- For ‘Language content’, select the language of the information in the file.
- For ‘Feed name’, enter a name and click on ‘Continue’.
- For the method to upload your data feed, choose ‘Automatic upload (scheduled fetch)’ and click on ‘Continue’.
- For the file name, enter ‘Feed.txt’
- For ‘Fetch frequency’ and ‘Fetch time’, specify how frequently you want the feed to be updated.
- For ‘Feed URL’, enter the URL of your feed file. (See step 2)
- If applicable, you may need to enter a user name and password.
- Wait for Google to process your feed. This may take up to one working day. You can review any error messages afterwards and correct errors as necessary. Also see the following commonly seen error messages.
Google will now fetch your feed using the interval you specified and use it for Google Shopping.
Commonly seen messages and resolutions:
- Missing recommended attribute: brand Enter the brand by going to the product on the ‘Metadata’ tab and entering it in the ‘Brand’ field.
- Missing recommended attribute: MPN
MPN stands for ‘Manufacturer Part Number’. This is a unique number generated by the manufacturer, which may not be the same as the EAN. Completing the ‘Brand’ and ‘EAN’ fields is mandatory. If you do have MPNs, enter them in the ‘Article number’ field, and leave the ‘Brand’ and ‘EAN’ fields blank.
Note: If you work with exclusive and inclusive VAT prices in your shop, you will have to disable automatic article updates based on price. For instructions on how to do this from Google click here.