Google Analytics is an analytics programme by Google. The following steps explain how to apply for a Google Analytics account and link it to your webshop.
- Before you can start using Google Analytics, your webshop must be registered and verified. You can do this through Google Search Console
- Log into Google Search Console.
- In the overview of linked websites, one entry will be your website (webshop). Click on ‘Manage’ to the right of the entry and select ‘Google Analytics-property’.
- Click on ‘Create Google Analytics account’.
- This will take you to the Analytics website. Enter your URL & account name, select your time zone and click on ‘Continue’.
- Enter your last name and first name, select your country and click on ‘Continue’.
- Read the conditions for use and, if you are in agreement, tick the box for ‘Yes, I agree to the above terms and conditions’. If you want, change any settings to do with sharing Google Analytics data. Click on ‘Create new account’.
- In step 2, a code will be displayed. You need to copy your account number here:
Only copy the number here, i.e. “UA-11111111-1“ in the above example.
- Paste your account number in your CCV Shop maintenance tool by going to ‘Starting point > My webshop > Settings > Search engines & statistics > Google > Google Analytics’, and clicking on ‘Apply’.
- In your Google Analytics screen, click on ‘Save and complete’.
- In the Google Search Console screen, you can refresh the page and then select the Google Analytics account.
- Click on ‘Save’ to link Google Analytics to Google Search Console.
Google will now start tracking traffic and visitors to your site. Please note that it may take up to a week for Google to initiate tracking.
CCV Shop will enable Analytics E-Commerce by default. Please note that this must be enabled manually in Google Analytics:
- in the Google Analytics overview, click on ‘Manager’ and select the domain of your webshop.
- Look for the correct profile and click on it. On the next page, select the ‘Profile settings’ option. Here, you can make changes to e.g. currencies and specify whether your website is an E-commerce website. Click on ‘Save changes’ to implement your new settings.
For more information, please visit: http://www.google.com/intl/en_uk/analytics/#?modal_active=none
Referral exclusions: To optimize measurements, it may be advisable to read the following text and alter your settings as needed: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/2795830?hl=en
Article is closed for comments.