The Google Search Console (previously Google Webmaster Tools) has a feature that allows you to add a sitemap to the website. CCV Shop has now made it even easier to do this.
- You first need to add your webshop to Google Search Console (if you haven’t already).
- Once logged in, click on the name of your webshop to go to its dashboard.
- You will then see ‘Sitemaps’ on the right hand side of the screen. Click on it.
- In the next screen, ‘Add/test sitemap’ will be displayed on the right hand side.
- At the end of the webshop URL, add ‘sitemap.xml’ and click on ‘Submit sitemap’. Click on it and add ‘sitemap.xml’.
- After a short wait, click on ‘Sitemaps’ in the menu on the left hand side to refresh the page. A checkmark will be displayed at ‘status’, as well as the number of URLs sent.
Google will now automatically include as many pages as possible in the search results. The sitemap created by CCV Shop is dynamic. This means that new products, pages or categories will be automatically updated.